Apr 24, 2019 - Grable. â¢ Christian Sympathy to Rhonda Tubbs for the death of her mother, Betty. Brewer Payne. Calendar & More ...page 2. One Call Now.
April 24, 2019 EXALT Jesus Christ as Lord; EQUIP our members to serve; EVANGELIZE Christian County & Beyond. Pray for One Another
Your prayer list includes prayer requests of your church family, nursing home/ home bound list, military families and college addresses. This list is available by clicking web links in your emails (which stays current). This list is also provided in the church office, on Wednesday nights, Welcome Center on Sundays and in the Sunday School books. Addresses and/or additional information is included on those documents as available, therefore it does not include a live link.
1400 South Main St. Hopkinsville, KY 42240 270.886-1216
/ Office | 270.889-0324 / Fax
Office Hours | M-F, 8am-4:30pm
www.fbchopkinsville.com On Radio @10:45: 1480AM & 96.5FM
• C hristian Sympathy to Jessica Shepard for the death of her grandfather.
FACEBOOK: First Baptist Church Hopkinsville Instagram: fbc_hopkinsville
• Christian Sympathy to the family and friends of Laverne Sauteben.
• C hristian Sympathy to Tommy Kenady for the death of his mother, Ann Poe.
• DR. TIM JERNIGAN, senior pastor [email protected]
• JAMES ARCURI, worship pastor [email protected]
• C hristian Sympathy to Tommy Kenady for the death of uncle, Bill Carter.
• CAROLYN GRACE, finance/office manager [email protected]
• ANGELA BRACEY, communications [email protected]
• Christian Sympathy to Jim Grable for the death of his brother, Tommy Grable.
CUSTODIAL: Tommy Gary, Roberto Rivas, Jeff Hollowell KITCHEN: Lecia Stiger
• Christian Sympathy to Rhonda Tubbs for the death of her mother, Betty Brewer Payne.
WEEKDAY MINISTRIES (DAYCARE) 270.885-1357
• GAIL OLIVER, director [email protected]
• JALETTE GARLAND, Assistant
Online Giving Getting Started: • Would you like to give without setting up a donor account? Click “Quick Give”. • First Time Donor? Click “First Time” and setup your Donor Profile. • Already a registered donor? Simply enter your Email and Password. • Forget your password? Click “Forgot Password”. Setting Up Your Donor Profile: • Enter your email address and password. • Password must be at least 8 characters and must contain a combination of letters and numbers. • Remember these login credentials! You will need them to access your Donor Profile.
Alpha Pregnancy Care Center
BABY SHOWER Collection
FBC is collecting items to be presented at a private shower to new moms or soon to be moms, Saturday, May 4, 12-2:00pm @First Baptist Church, Narthex. WHAT CAN I DO? • CHURCH: please help provide needed items by NOON on Friday, May 3 to the church office. • MEN’S CLASSES: monetary donations to help buy big items -like car seats or strollers by NOON Friday, May 3. • Items to be collected: diapers size 2 and up; baby wipes, wash, shampoo, lotion, baby wash detergent; baby clothes/outfits (boy and girl) size birth to 2 years, socks, shoes, diaper bags, and small blankets, etc. Put items in basket in the Narthex. Items will be distributed among the ladies, any extra will be given to Alpha alternative to delegate appropriately. This collection is part of the Summer of Service Projects.
Power Lunch | MAY
Take your lunch break with us! Bring your coworkers for a great meal catered by Four Seasons and stay for a word of encouragement! • Thursday, May 2 (deadline Monday, April 29) - tickets and online purchase available. • Menu: Grilled Chicken Breast, Pasta Salad, Vegetable Medley, Cheese Cake w/assorted toppings
Come be encouraged, fellowship and EAT GREAT! This will be our last breakfast before we break for the summer months!
One Call Now Getting Started: • Contact the church office with the phone numbers you would like to be your contact numbers. • If you are using your cell number as a contact number, please opt in to text notifications by texting the word “Alert” to the number 22300.
Highlight for Dates in may.... • Thursday, May 2 | Power Lunch (deadline April 29, see Angela
FBC offers access through RightNow Media to a streaming library of Bible study videos that inspires faith every day of the week. This customizable video library is for every person in our church to Equip families - Resource groups - Develop leaders. Go to www. fbchopkinsville.com/equip/rnm.
• Saturday, May 4 | Alpha Alternative Baby Shower (deadline for Associational Mission Week of Prayer and the John & Kathleen Christian Mission Offering (CCBA Offering) | May 19-26 - FBC goal $1,500 (offering to be received 5/26)
• May 1 | Chicken Pot Pies, Salad, Peaches, Dessert | Kids: Nuggets and Fries • May 8 | Chicken Tenders, Macaroni and Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Dessert | Kids: Same
• Sunday, May 5 | Men’s Breakfast / Student Dessert Auction
(Please sign up for desserts and we need bidders! See page 2)
• Tuesday, May 7 | Deacon’s Meeting, Parlor • Wednesday, May 8 | Student Movie Night (see page 2)
Grober/ Parrish & Friends WOM Women on Mission ladies always welcome you to join us as we learn, pray, and support missions worldwide. Wednesday, May 1, 10am -we may cruise to Cleveland or peruse through the association, what and interesting idea –don’t miss it! Mission Project: bring a baby bottle or bib to be put in a diaper bag for the baby shower in May. We will enjoy a light lunch after the meeting - YUM!
2019 Relay for Life Team Light the Way to a Cure
• Dedicate a Luminaria | Luminarias honor every life touched by cancer. Luminaria forms are available with Karen Kenady, Royce Stevens or any other Relay Team member. Our team receives credit for each one sold! • Minimum Contribution: White Bag - $5.00 -- Lantern w/Stand - $20.00 (Lanterns are available to take home for those who purchased them after the Relay For Life Event) • Deadline for inclusion in the event program May 21, 2019.
• Sunday, May 12 | Mother’s Day • Wednesday, May 15 | Phase 1 Face lift Presentation Meeting | FH (vote Sunday, May 15)
Wednesday Dinner Menus 4:30pm, Fellowship Hall | Reservation changes requested by Tuesday prior to meal. Contact church office, permanent list available. Cost, $3 per adult - 1st Grade | Kindergarten - below, $2
items is May 3 in Narthex, see above)
Ed Moseley Scholarship The CCBA is currently accepting applications for the Ed Moseley Scholarship. The scholarship application period is March 15-May 15 and are available in the church office, CCBA website @cchristiancountybaptist.com.
• Thursday, May 16 | Weekday Ministries Graduation (WDM
Committee needs cookie volunteers!)
Church Directory . ..time is ticking! Please submit a family photo! Casual (appropriate) family photos are perfect! This directory upon completion will be available in print as well as online. Contact the church office for questions.
• Sunday, May 19 | High School Graduate Recognition (We will
recognize our High School Seniors during the morning worship. If you have college graduates, we would love to publish it for the May 22 Newsletter.) Special Called Business Meeting (per presentation of May 15)
• Sunday, May 26 | Memorial Day Weekend / Celebration of Life Recognition / John and Kathleen Christian Associational Missions Offering
• Relay for Life Event for Christian County - THEME: Decades | @ Stadium of Champions, June 7, 2019 6pm-Midnight. Everyone is invited for lots of food and
Calendar & More ...page 2
PAGE 2 activities to raise money to fund the American Cancer Society’s mission to help save lives! ...AND OF COURSE YOU WANT TO SUPPORT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH! Free to attend, food/items for sale at campsites!
Calendar of Events Thursday, April 25 3:00 PM Tutoring | CLC (last one for school year) Friday, April 26 5:00 PM FYI | McGee (entire campus) Saturday, April 27 8:00 AM Adult Missions Day | CCBA Sunday, April 28 • Cafe: Community Class • Nursery Volunteers: Brandice & Charles Tower • Usher Leader: David Arvin • Van Driver: Stanley Warfield • Watch Team: Trey Conley, Jerry Gilliam, Kalleb Green 9:00 AM First Cafe’ (coffee/light snacks) 9:30 AM Sunday School for ALL ages 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Kid’s Worship | Rm. 211/212 (for K-4th) 10:45 AM Worship, Sanctuary 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Grace and Mercy Visitation | CLC 6:00 PM Bible Study, FH Monday, April 29
• FBC Relay for Life Team Yard Sale | June 21 and 22 at the CLC! Save your stuff for our team and watch for collection times soon!
Ladies Day Out - SAVE the DATE Tuesday, June 18!
Tuesday, April 30 9:00 AM Salvation Army Soup Kitchen | Salvation Army 10:00 AM Staff Meeting, 114 Wednesday, May 1 9:30 AM WDM Chapel | Sanctuary 10:00 AM Grober/Parrish & Friends WOM | Parlor 4:30 PM - 5:15 PM Fellowship Supper | FH 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM Student Ministry | CLC 5:25 PM - 7:15 PM Kids Connect (Gr. K-5) | Rm. 304 6:00 PM Prayer Meeting, FH 7:15 PM Music Ministry | Sanctuary Thursday, May 2 12:00 PM POWER LUNCH! Friday, May 3 TBA | RA Camping Trip @ McCubbin Farm
Weekday Ministries Opportunities
• KIDS on MAIN Summer Program Director Needed | During the summer FBC Weekday Ministries offers summer care for school age students that includes activities, field trips, etc. Please contact Gail Oliver, WDM Director for qualifications and expectations, 270-8851357.
Student Ministry Movie Night
Saturday, May 4 TBA | RA Camping Trip @ McCubbin Farm
Our Student Ministry has a showing of the Breakthrough movie WK Cinemas on Wednesday, May 8, 5pm. Meet at the CLC at 4:45pm (not a minute later-you will miss your ride). Movie ticket has been purchased for you (Free for you) but if you want any snacks or food you must bring money. There will not be dinner at the CLC. Watch the movie trailer: https://youtu.be/CR6evDhAtLw or visit https://breakthroughmovie.com for lots of fun videos and clips about the movie.
Sunday, May 5 Cafe: Family Bible Study: Sandlin/Pelham/Keese Nursery Volunteers: Karen Kenady and Bennett Greene Usher Leader: not available for print Van Driver: Stanley Warfield Watch Team: Chris Westerfield, John Bracey, John Hardy 8:00 AM Men’s Breakfast | FH 9:00 AM First Cafe’ (coffee/light snacks) 9:30 AM Sunday School for ALL ages 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM Kid’s Worship | Rm. 211/212 (for K-4th) 10:45 AM Worship, Sanctuary 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Grace and Mercy Visitation | CLC 6:00 PM Bible Study, FH Monday, May 6 Tuesday, May 7 9:00 AM Salvation Army Soup Kitchen | Salvation Army 10:00 AM Staff Meeting, 114 6:00 PM Deacon’s Mtg. | Parlor Wednesday, May 8 9:30 AM WDM Chapel | Sanctuary 4:30 PM - 5:15 PM Fellowship Supper | FH 4:45 PM - 7:00 PM Student Ministry Movie Night | meet at CLC to WK Cinema 4:45 PM WDM MT Mtg., 114 5:25 PM - 7:15 PM Kids Connect (Gr. K-5) | Rm. 304 6:00 PM Prayer Meeting, FH 7:15 PM Music Ministry | Sanctuary
Gas up the all-terrain vehicle and head out on a wilderness adventure like no other. Get up close and personal with elephants and egrets, polar bears and penguins, cockatoos and crocodiles, and so much more! Grab your camera and zoom in on these animals in their natural habitats. Maybe you can even snag a snapshot or two. This summer kids will focus in on some amazing, real-life encounters with Jesus. Each encounter is like a snapshot—a specific moment in time captured on the pages of Scripture. Through VBS, kids will discover that each snapshot of Jesus is an opportunity to respond to the gospel. Theme Verse |
But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31 Motto |
Zoom in! Focus on Jesus! | Missions Journey 2019 hosted by Second Baptist Hopkinsville. Mission Adventure for Kentucky Kids is a mini-mission trip for children in grades 4-6 and their leaders. For more information, contact Beth Britto, 270-987-2086 and to get a brochure. July 18:20