The roof of a house is in the shape of an isosceles triangle, which means that both of the base angles are congruent. What is the measure of â ABC and â ACB?
Chapter 1 Study Guide
Use the diagram for questions 1-7 1. Give three names for the plane.
2. Give three other names for ST.
3. Name two rays.
4. Name two segments.
5. Name three collinear points.
6. Name four coplanar points.
7. Name a pair of opposite rays.
8. Provo, Albuquerque, and Carlsbad lie in approximately a straight line. Use the map below to find the distance from Provo to Albuquerque.
9. AC = 38. Find AB and BC.
10. Find DF
11. The segment AB has the endpoints with the coordinates A(1, 9) and B(-4, -1). What is the midpoint of AB?
12. The midpoint of CD is M(10, 2). One endpoint is C(2, -4). Find the coordinates of endpoint D.
13. Triangle ABC has vertices A(2, 4), B (-2, 0), and C(-6, 3). What is the perimeter of the triangle? Round your answer to the nearest tenth.
14. BD Bisects ∠ABC. What is the measure of ∠ABC, ∠ABD, and ∠DBC?
15. Find the measure of ∠ABD and ∠DBC.
16. The roof of a house is in the shape of an isosceles triangle, which means that both of the base angles are congruent. What is the measure of ∠ABC and ∠ACB? What is the measure of ∠BAC?
17. In the diagram, ∠ZJH is 1220, ∠DJH is 170, ∠FUQ is 730, and ∠VUQ is 580.
a) Name a pair of supplementary angles.
b) Name a pair of adjacent angles.
c) Name a pair of complimentary angles.
18. ∠1 and ∠2 form a linear pair. If the measure of ∠1 is 500, what is the measure of ∠2?
19. Two angles form a linear pair. The measure of one angle is ¼ times the measure of the other. What is the measure of both angles?
20. If the measure of ∠ABC = (7x+13)0, and the measure of ∠DBC = (5x-5)0, then find the actual measure of both ∠ABD and ∠DBC.